– Contractor procedure prior to tender submission
– Introduction to principal elements of construction contracts
– Types of contracts requiring tenders
– Tender documents and their relevance in estimating
– Tendering procedures
– Factors affecting cost
– Cost parameters and sources of cost information.
– Constituents of a rate; the all-in rates for labour and plant; all-in rate analysis and synthesis.
– Build-up rates for items of excavation & earthworks. Analysis and synthesis of all-in rates for estimating cost of building work in the following areas; concrete work; brick and block works; roofing; metal work, finishes(wall, floor & ceiling), painting & decoration, glazing.
– Drainage, rubble walling and cladding; underpinning.
– Analysis and synthesis of rates in the following areas; plumbing installation
-sanitary appliances fitting, pipe work and associated builders’ works; electrical and mechanical services
– Pricing of items in the preliminary section of bill of quantities. Pro-rats rates. Estimating for civil engineering works.