The various sections of the Chartered Institute of Project Managers of Nigeria (Establishment) Act, no. 3 of 2018 cited below, statutorily entitles members to the following benefits:
1. All registered members of CIPMN are granted and given license to practice as a Certified Project Manager anywhere in Nigeria. Non-registered members are quacks, & are prohibited from practicing as Project Manager in Nigeria –Section 21(Id)
2. Only CIPMN registered members are empowered by the Establishment to be Appointed or Engaged to head any project management Organization in Nigeria –Section 14(a)
3. The Project Management bodies & Organizations licensed by CIPMN are empowered by the Establishment Act, to EXECUTE or ENGAGED in the Execution of ANY Projects/Contracts in Nigeria - Section 20(1d).
4. Project managers who are not registered by CIPMN are illegal practitioner. Such persons are committing offenses punishable by both fine & imprisonment - Section 19(2),(3d).
5. All registered members of CIPMN, are by the Establishment Act, entitled to benefit from the Institute's Mandatory Continuous Learning Program (MCLP), design for training & capacity building from CIPMN's Mandatory Courses, seminars, workshops, conferences etc, in order to be well equipped with the latest Global trends in Project Management Profession -Section 21(1a)
6. Every CIPMN registered member in the category of CHARTERED & FELLOW MEMBERSHIP has the opportunity of aspiring to become the President or Vice Presidents of the Institute –Section 4.
7. All holders of the CIPMN final professional Examination Certificate shall be entitled to employment in private and public service at the SAME RANK applicable to members of OTHER CHARTERED professional bodies (like ICAN) in Nigeria….. Section 5 (11a).
8. After three years of graduation, holders of CIPMN final professional examination certificate, who may have attended CIPMN’S two consecutive Mandatory Professional Assessment Courses are eligible to obtain a LICENCE to practice as a Certified Chartered Project Manager in Nigeria …. Section 5 (11b)
9. At the completion of CIPMN'S final professional examination all eligible students shall proceed for the National Youth Service (NYSC) - Section 5 (10).